For many years people have educated themselves in many different ways. You can take the traditional route and go to school, go to college get a Job and hope you have enough money to retire on when you die. Most people have found that they need to continue to educate themselves well beyond college to really be successful. Others have found you can read a lot of books, go to a lot of seminars, meet people and network your way to top. There are many ways to get to your desired outcome. Hard work will always prevail.
What I have found to be the top of the top or the “Crème de la crème” when it comes to educating myself and putting myself in a situation to succeed is joining and maintaining my relationships in masterminds. This is the top of the food chain! If you are reading about real estate and consuming podcasts (like the Good Success Podcast), that is amazing! Keep doing that. I am not suggesting you stop this, but what I am saying is start going to local meet up groups. Network and see what others are doing. At some point you may want to add group coaching or a high level program to help you on your real estate career path.
One-on-One mentorships and pay-for-access groups are also awesome. I have received a ton of value from these groups over the years. Who wouldn’t pay to have access to a bunch of deals or pay to have access to a bunch of people with capital? In fact, these groups are easy to quantify what you are paying for, just by simply looking at dollars and cents. But where the real speed of success happens is in the mastermind!
What is a Mastermind Worth?
The mastermind has a power that is hard to quantify, and if you could it would be such a ridiculous amount of money that you would feel foolish trying to put it on a spreadsheet. To give you an idea, let me ask you a few questions:
- How do you quantify membership in a network of your betters?
- How do you say, “That one mistake that I didn’t make because I learned from others mistakes instead of my own has saved not only money and time but also headache and frustration”?
- How much is this type of hindsight in advance worth?
- How much is focus worth?
- How much would you pay for a process that gets you out of your business long enough to see it from a different perspective so you can work on your business instead of in your business?
- How much is having people that you that you know, like and trust around you to bring up big issues in your life or business worth?
Obviously, any one of those things is beyond value. Any one of those advantages is priceless. And, if that wasn’t enough for you: What about knowing that these same people are going to listen to what you say and then give you advice not just so they can hear themselves speak but also give you advice on what you are good at and what your purpose on this earth is? How much is it worth to learn from 20-30 other high powered entrepreneurs in two days, listen to their struggles, and not only hear the feedback and the help they gain but also be able to be a part of the solution? I’ll tell you: It’s invaluable to your self-worth and invaluable for your business as well.
Masterminds Don’t Begin and End at the Conference Room Door
Sometimes, the solutions that you come up with during a mastermind meeting become very profitable ventures with people in the same group! There is simply no way to put a price tag on all of this. The Mastermind Concept comes from the book Think and Grow Rich.
This book defines a mastermind as a community that gets together on a regular basis (Usually 4 times a year) that gives each person in the mastermind a chance for 20-30 min to talk in front of the room and tell everyone these 7 things:
- Who they are (some Background).
- What they do.
- Where they do it.
- Why they do what they do (you need to know your purpose).
- Something they have learned (a mastermind is always about growth in some aspect).
- Their biggest challenge or obstacle that they are facing right now. (This is the most important parts of the meetings. The more vulnerable the better.)
- 5-10 min for the group to give feedback and suggestions of how to solve their problem.
Time spent in the mastermind is like upside-down sales on steroids. What I have found is that listening is the #1 part of communication, and most people never do enough of it. By listening to everyone’s struggles it leaves you empowered to solve not only their problems, and your issues, but it empowers you to solve your customers’ problems as well. Solving your customers’ problems will lead to Good Success!
I encourage you to find the right mastermind for you. It is an investment of Time, Talent and Money, but once you make the investment your life and business will never be the same again! For information about the Good Success mastermind and to see if you may be a good fit for the nation’s elite purpose-driven business mastermind go to GoodSuccess.com/mastermind.